Having a dark skin tone means that you have a different set of makeup rules from those that pale skinned girls follow and different tricks that you can use to make the most of your beautiful dusky complexion. It has been proven that whites age faster than blacks. So having a dark or black skin is somewhat a blessing.
As a top skin care blog, we present to you some of the secrets of maintaining a young black skin. The following are not expensive and is a beauty tip that can be used by nearly every black skin whether as an African or a black American. Here they go:
- Sleep and exercise: If you take care of your body from the inside, there will be a lot less money spent on maintaining a healthy appearance. Learn to sleep at least 8 hour a day and exercise your body as well. There is more beauty in a skin made beautiful from exercise than from lotions and other skin care products
- Selective drinks: Taking water and teas will make a lot of sense in building a healthy skin. Drinking a glass of water early in the morning does a lot to improve the look of your skin. By all means avoid sugary drinks as that helps promote a cleaner immune system, and promotes clearer skin.
- Mindful eating: Fruits and vegetables is the food for a healthy skin. Stay away from diary products and meat but fish is good. The good thing is that vegetables are really inexpensive and you spend way less on food then when you eat meat. Also try to eat raw than cooked whenever you can.
- Moisturise every day: When you have dark skin, if it becomes dry, it can make your complexion look ashy. To keep your skin looking young and beautiful and to make the most of that radiant dark skin, moisturise every day with a good quality moisturiser and moisturise your body after every shower. A list of natural and frugal beauty products like shea butter is good for the skin
- Exfoliate once a week: Every skin type will benefit from exfoliation. It removes the dead skin cells and brings back the natural colour of your skin. It will also help to clean out the pores and reduce your chances of a breakout. Just gently rub your face with a mixture of olive oil and sugar and that will do the trick. You don’t really need expensive store bought exfoliating lotions.
- Positive self-talk: A positive mental attitude is the biggest beauty secret of all. You will learn this when you maintain a closer relationship with God and a deeper understanding of yourself and the purpose God created you.
- Create juicy health-related goals: Set goals for your health and diet. For instance you can set a goal that at 50 you will still be able to jog or walk a particular distance without fainting. Such goals will help you checkmate your diet and lifestyle.
Being beautiful doesn’t have to bust your budget. Applying any one of these recommendations to your personal health and beauty regimen will guarantee an improvement in how you look and feel.